25 Healthy Habits
25 Formulas for Optimum Health
- Try to wake up before sunrise (approximately before 6 am).
- Brush teeth and clean tongue with stainless steel tongue scraper regularly.
- Drink 1 teaspoon fresh lime/lemon juice + 2 teaspoons raw (uncooked) honey + 1 cup lukewarm water (you can prepare a large amount of honey and lemon juice mix and keep in refrigerator).
- Make a daily habit of sitting on the toilet with full attention.
- Instill 3-4 drops of nasal drops in each nostril in the morning.
- Gargle 1 teaspoon sesame oil with ¼ cup warm water regularly to strengthen gums and teeth.
- Self-massage with oil regularly if possible (or 2-3 times weekly).
- Take a warm shower/bath regularly once or twice regularly.
- Stretching exercises, yoga for about 10-15 minutes daily.
- Breathing exercises like Pranayama (breathing exercises) 2-3 minutes daily.
- Practice meditation for 15-20 minutes regularly.
- Have a light breakfast.
- Lunch bigger meal in the middle of the day around 12:00 – 1:00 pm.
- Eat mindfully without any distractions – talking, reading, walking, watching television, fast eating, slow eating.
- Avoid eating leftover, frozen, highly processed, high salty foods.
- Sipping hot water throughout the day aids digestion and metabolism, keep you active, alert, curb cravings.
- Avoid eating in between meals, particularly munching, nibbling, etc.
- Make a habit of going to the toilet in the evening the second time.
- Evening meditation or prayer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Dinner light meal between 7:00 – 7:30 pm.
- Have light recreational activities.
- Have a head towards the East or South direction for natural sound sleep.
- Try to sleep left side of your body.
- Try to go to bed before 10:00 pm (approximately).
* These recommendations are not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, prevention or cure of any disease.
The copyright of this article belongs to Dr. Shekhar Annambhotla
About The Author
Dr. Shekhar Annambhotla
Dr Shekhar Annambhotla has been involved in Ayurveda studying and teaching worldwide since 1982 and has traveled extensively throughout the world to develop and teach courses, deliver lectures and offer consultations for health professionals and individuals….